Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Quick over view of a little of our trip home

I tell you what, this country of ours is awesome...the beauty is beyond belief...The farmlands are something else...Living here in Northern CA since 1960 has darkened my memory of what the rest of the USA looks like...but it was revived during this trip...
The storms that were all around us were quite frightening but they did make for some great photo shots...I did try for quite sometime to get a shot of the Lightening cracking down through the sky...my camera is just not quick enough for that...so you will just have to take my word for the fact that the Lightening was awesome...and the thunder earth shaking...



From Missouri we entered Kansas...the day of the tornado in Greensburg...they were in the South West of the state and we were in the North East...but what a night we had at the WW...Lots of lightening and thunder and very hard rain...in fact when we got up in the morning they were telling people in our area to head for higher ground...so we got up and headed West...quickly...



















This actually posted before I wanted it to...so I think I will finish it...


Most of the photo shots I have gotten have been taken from the coach at 65 or 70 mph...this is not the way to see the country...but...I did get some kinda-good shots of some nationally known things...like the arch in Kansas City... We will go back someday ands see and explore all of the areas that we blew through in that incredible 8 days... We crossed the Mississippi several times on our trip out and back... but this time I got pictures...well, of the sign and the bridge...I do have a picture of the river it's self somewhere in my archives, but who knows where at this moment...

Now this picture is one that I think I got from Richard and Shirley on their first trip West...If I remember correctly, they blogged this very shot...I do love bridge and water...




This is the Busch Stadium where the Kansas City Royals play...We also saw where the KC Chiefs play too
This a city scape of Kansas City


Then there are the TOLL ROADS...

Really not much better than the regular roads...you just have to pay to drive on them...



Is this a beautiful country, or what???