Sunday, July 8, 2007

Cathlamet, WA and the road to it...

A Sunday Drive

Today we went to Cathlamet...on the way is the Gray's Harbor Covered Bridge...




It is really cool...much different from the Covered Bridges that we found in the Catskill Mts. Of New York State...

I tell you...there is not a view up here that isn't a picture...as I said before...Just too beautiful...

I was hoping you could read this historical plate...but as you can see...it is un-readable... The surrounding country side was amazing...there are lots of Scandinavian Farm out here in this neck of the woods and they are beautiful...landscapes that movies are made in...
Then there is Cathlamet...it is on the Columbia River...Awesome little town...very deserted today so we just drove around and found a cute little place for an early supper...Check out these ducks...they were basking in the sunlight...
This is the river as it comes into the marina area...
This was one of the store fronts in Cathlamet...so pretty...Then there was this BUS...what a BUS!!!This morning we went to the Sunday Market...didn't stay long but it was really awesome...
Tomorrow I'll go to Kaley's house and we'll work on her New York scrapbook pages to enter into the Clatsop County Fair...
Yesterday I did two pages of pictures I took of Isabelle and Autumn on Mother's Day and entered them into a contest at the Scrapbook Connection in Astoria...I'll include the pictures of the pages when I get them back...I think they turned out pretty good...we'll see...how the public sees them...

No comments: